Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-15, 18:24   Link #1896
stubby42

Quote:
You didn't say anything weird, as far as I can tell. Just wait it out and don't worry. I've become terrible with responding to Facebook messages and I often don't add people back or reply until weekends, for example, although the activity can be sporadic. Even knowing that, I'll sometimes get antsy if someone takes more than a week to reply to me.

Just figure they're busy, and wait a bit... if a week or so passes and you really want, you could try another message. But you don't want to come off as fretting about it and overthinking it.

Thanks man, to be honest I've kind of decided not to worry about it, like I said before I live 4 and a half hours away, theres no point worrying about it when shes made her position clear and the amount of times I'll actually see her will be sporadic at best.

Quote:
It definitely isn't over yet stubby I'd say you still have chances of winning her heart. But she's probably the kind of girl that you have to spend time with. You have to nurture your relationship with her. You have to be patient and take things one step at a time. So you confessed already and she kinda turned you down. Is all hope lost? No

I don't really know her real personality but generally speaking, this kind of girl, in my opinion is someone worth going for. She probably has a good grasp on her priorities. My advice is just to to continue talking with her and nurturing your relationship. You seem like a pretty nice guy anyways stubby. Be careful not to do anything overboard too though. You don't wanna annoy her. Good luck!! and keep us updated in case you recognize any changes
Thanks for the comment on being a nice guy and yeah she's awesome, we really connected whilst we were there, I just dont think shes ready for a relationship right now so maybe something will happen when shes in a better place but I dont want to dewl on it.

But yeah I'll keep you guys updated if anything happens.

Quote:
but I don't know if the whole comment about wanting to get to know her as a friend was necessary. In my mind, it seems like that might convey the idea that you're going to do what she wants, but will continue to pursue your own objectives as well, which I've found can be a turn-off.
Yeah I was kind of thinking that might of been the problem part of the message but I also kind of feel that I needed to say that I understood what she was after, maybe it didnt come out that way.

Anyway thanks everyone, theres nothing I can do without being needy and I dont want to be that guy so if she wants to be friends we'll be friends if not then thats fine too.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote