View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 03:54   Link #5504
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i am pissed because Erza never ever loses, and i don't think there is any logic to ranking here, after seeing Natsu beat one of the ten great saints, and all the main bosses of all the arcs even though he is a normal level mage,
She being an S-class mage had nothing to do with it, Laxus is also an S-class mage but has never been shown win even a single battle, even though he is powerful than Erza, what would you call this?, is this not just clearly overpowering Erza just because of her characerter

why the hell does she always have to win and be perfect all the time in everything?!
and it's feels even more pathetic when they try to show in the anime that she has many problems
Err, what? Taking Natsu(the MC) as an example is pretty bad. If anything he IS expected(by shounen(I use the term loosely) logic) to win almost all his fights.

It has everything to do with her being S-class. Its like you are lumping Gildarts with the rest of average guild members. Laxus is powerful. Let's see which fights her lost? He lost against Natsu and Gajeel AFTER fighting both Mystogan and Erza. The second time he was against the master of Grimoire Heart - who, if you remember, was wiping the floor with Natsu's group - but I guess that still doesn't count as a loss, does it?

You're 3 point is baseless. She is NOT perfect. She's far from perfect. Just because she's powerful doesn't mean she's perfect. She has got huge emotional baggage which she does not want to show to her friends. She is the most eccentric person in Natsu's group. She has her moments of self doubt - but these are rare since her resolve in every battle is very strong. She can be manipulated - as shown by Jellal. She does break down - how many times has that been shown now? I absolutely do not get from where you are pulling statements like these.

So, you complain that she's perfect and then complain that when the anime shows that she isn't its pathetic? Yeah................