Thread: Licensed Strawberry Panic!
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-17, 20:24   Link #1042
htsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Its already been said a few times about just how cute Tamao was in this episode, and i have to agree. She was on true form for recovering Nagisa.. and her lil' story was also so god damn cute. Its true that Tamao is one hell of a strange character.. but no one wanting to be her room-mate.. that just melted my heart. ;_;
Possibly, if Kaori hadn't had her medical problem, she would have been Tamao's room-mate.

I had been wondering who was Tamao's room-mate before Nagisa came to Miator and why did she leave from her. Firstly I guessed it was Kaori. Shizuma said if Kaori had been alive, she would have been the same age as Nagisa. Also, Miyuki said Kaori entered Miator as a first-year student three years ago. These means that Tamao and Kaori were the same age and grade.

But as it was already told in episode 19, the school assigned a single room to Kaori as an exception because of her condition, and they had Miyuki and Shizuma take care of her. And Tamao had been always alone... Since transfer strudents are very rare in Miator, I think Tamao had given up hope long before Nagisa came. But things change. Now she has a room-mate.

By the way, Hikai was a transfer student, too. She is now Yaya's room-mate. But, obviously, she wasn't when she came to Spica. If they had been room-mates from the beginning, the story line of episode 14 "More than best friends" doesn't make sense. Chihaya said in episode 3 that once a room-mate pair is formed, the pair isn't changed unless they request it. In conclusion, Hikari and Yaya decided to be room-mates of their own will.

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-08-18 at 02:15.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote