View Single Post
Old 2009-01-10, 21:16   Link #6
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehko View Post
I should have said "the" admin rather than "an" admin, but aside from that
No, you were correct the first time. I am an administrator, not the administrator (there are four of us).
Quote:
As for affecting the site's loading time...
Oh I know that; page load time was exactly what I was referring to.
Quote:
As I was saying about the ... Fan Creations subforum ... I don't understand the reason of having one and limiting it.
I don't agree that the two are in anyway related . Having a thriving art community and asking people to keep to strict limits need not be incompatible.
Quote:
I would suggest between 70 - 100k.
Duly noted.
Quote:
your mods wouldn't have to look so hard
You know, the moderators (I love 'em but they are not just mine ) don't actually spend their time looking for signature that violate the rules. Signatures are either obviously outside of the rules and just get noticed or someone points them out.

What I really meant was something that is of tangible benefit to the forum as a whole. What does a regular user, not specifically interested in creating signatures, gain from everyone being allowed to have larger signatures. They're giving up some time and bandwidth for heavier / slower (very slightly) pages; what do they get in return?
Quote:
On the note of the code feature bug, a bug is an admin's responsibility, so I'll leave it up to you guys how you handle it, but I will just add that being unable to use such a feature is rather troublesome when speaking over a form of communication that works better when each user understands how to use that communication.
The feature, as far as I can tell, is doing exactly what the designers intended it to do. The existence of the [NOPARSE] tag reassures me of this point. If all you want to do is post text that doesn't get interpreted as bbcode, [NOPARSE] is the tag to use. [CODE] appears to be designed simply for pre-formatting text (i.e. preserving white-space).
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote