View Single Post
Old 2009-02-15, 03:36   Link #303
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yeah, I'd have to label that *extra* harsh. o.O Everyone in this mess has made mistakes or acted on errant information ... not seeing how anyone in this mess deserves what is happening to them. Taiga is trying to help Minorin but is conflicted and Minorin is trying to help Taiga but is conflicted. Ami wishes she hadn't shown up to the parade so late, wants to help, wants Ryuuji... more conflictedness.
I'm not blaming anyone from the show, as I've said before. Let's analyze what mistakes Minori, Ami and Ryuuji did.

Minori became emotional when she realized Ryuuji liked her and conflicted because she believed that Taiga also liked Ryuuji. Throughout the series she has been the genki character, except during the latter part where the situation she was in called for gravity. I can't find anything to blame in her other than her (facade of) retardation at times to cope with reality.

Ami was a spoiled princess at the start. Ever since Ryuuji helped her simply be herself, however, she has continually changed for the better. What are her faults, then? She toys with Ryuuji at times yet no one gets harmed. Liking Ryuuji isn't a fault of hers, because liking an exemplary guy isn't a fault of any girl. Trying to be subtle about her feelings isn't a fault of hers: her only fault was that she was late to their friendship and so was relegated to something that couldn't go beyond a status of friendship.

Taiga, however, did a lot of bad, insulting things to Ryuuji and spoke a lot of insulting words towards him. Despite this, he cared for her deeply and tried his best to pair her up with Kitamura. What was her gratitude? It was to continue to abuse Ryuuji and disrespect even his humanity. Lesser men would have fallen, but luckily Ryuuji is a very kind guy. Sure, she did some kind things for him, but a few disparate and isolated incidents cannot merely efface the consistent abuse that he received from her. If he chooses Minori, and if he ends up with her, she can blame no one but herself. Ryuuji did everything he could to help her. Ryuuji was her pillar and he supported her in her bid for Kitamura. How does she repay what he did?

I ask you that. I blame the coincidence of Minori seeing her bawling in the road (I don't blame Taiga), but because of that outburst she practically destroyed a blooming relationship, despite being unintended. (Again, I don't blame her.)

Even if she was going to be alone, she fully deserved her solitude with her utter disrespect towards Ryuuji. Again, a few isolated situations of kindness CANNOT EFFACE the consistent abuse she imposed on Ryuuji. (Besides, if Minori and him went out, he wouldn't ignore her, but merely treat her as a friend and help her. She still wouldn't be alone, destroying that fallacy of hers.)

That was why I was arguing that Taiga pass through the eye of needle that she must find in a burning haystack, because otherwise I won't be convinced. Ami and Minori are clearly better 'people' than Taiga, and she must transcend her own selfishness and face an intense amount of sacrifice and suffering before I will approve. This is not fairy-tale anime; this is anime based on reality. She must redeem her bitchiness by becoming a transcendent friend, and it will be only then when I will approve.

She must first feel the suffering she imposed on Ryuuji and realize the hurt she spread. It will only be then when the relationship will not be one of dependence, but of Taiga truly exhibiting love.

I hope you get my point.