Thread: Crunchyroll Kiddy Girl-And (Kiddy Grade 2)
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-13, 22:10   Link #790
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well hi.
Sorry for writing 3 years later but what the heck.
I can say it for sure in 2004 my otaku career started with Kiddy Grade, It had an awesome ending, I did not expect anything more. The story was good it was emotional and full of suspense, up until the last episode.

In 2006 i found out they will make a sequel, I got fired up. In 2009 I watched 3 episodes.....honest opinion: it was outright childish, so I dropped it.
Yesterday I felt nostalgic, i watched all of season 1 and today all of season 2(it was a bit hard to conquer myself).

My opinion about season 2 changed a little.....it still misses the epic plot(except the deaths of Trixie and Troisienne), the villain was too cliche and the plot seemed a rip-off of the first season; Eclair and Lumiere had too few appearances as per their role was significant(retaining a bomb for such a long time).

Anyway, in the kiddy series the first season will remain my favorite, probably because it was my first anime too, which opened up this universe to me. I agree the first season being made for those of the time but, plot is more important, to me than the quantity of stupid situations;
I also approve of Q-feuille being the copy of Lumi, she was like my hope that kept me to watch it til the end. Ascoeur did resemble Eclair, but Eclair was a bit more mature(with 250+ years of experience who wouldn't be?)

So as a final word, If this series gets to a third installment, it better be like the first one, otherwise it will do more poorly than season 2, but I guess there will not be a sequel ever, due to the mixed reviews it got.
well even if a sequel is being made it would take at least 5 more years, and by that time those who watched the first season would already have dropped watching animes ages ago.