View Single Post
Old 2008-12-19, 06:59   Link #73
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Quote:
1) Are there similarities between the kind of characters you're attracted to in anime and in real life, either in terms of looks or personality?
Quote:
2) Have you ever had changes in your tastes in anime characters affect the type of person you're attracted to in real life?
No, there are similarities between real life people I am attracted to and anime characters, and anime characters are free to come in their particular designs as much as their creators deem plausible. On the other hand, I may deem their creators' ideals matching or mismatching mine, but then again, I don't rely on anybody to educate me on what I should like or dislike. 2Ds or 3Ds with 1D personality are significant turn offs in anime and real disappointemt in life even if their major asset is beauty. I don't expect anime to provide me with a life partner, neither I watch anime, because I am not able to like real people. On the contrary, in anime I might (unfortunately, less and less) find new and diverging interpretations of themes that interest me in real life, as well as real life people could become an infinite source of pleasure and amusement in respect to their flaws and specifics. Being not perfect myself, I believe it would be mutual. If I have to bet on something as far as my tender feelings are concerned, it would be completeness, not perfection, and I am sorry, but I adore them live and kicking.
MuraKami is offline   Reply With Quote