Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 20:14   Link #1323
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Chief was badass. Don't really care much about Rebecka though. Ao was smart enough to figure out the Secret's behaviour of attacking humanoid objects (which I think is gonna spill over to other secrets), and interestingly enough, this time he was USELESS in the fight when he was instrumental to all the other Secret's destruction before. I'm glad that they're able to show more of Fleur/Elena's competency, considering they're supposed to be the aces even before Ao showed up.
That's what saved the episode for me. Guardian Enzo makes sense with why he thinks Ao is a good protagonist, but his actions are one thing. His personality is another, and quite frankly, it isn't really that interesting. I'm not going to go so far as to say I think he's as boring as most of the characters in Fate/Zero (dance, my biased views, dance), as I do like how the adults treat him, and I do like how his actions do have minor consequences. But it doesn't excuse the fact that I think he's almost a male version of a genki girl.

With that said, the episode wasn't focused on him all that much, and I did like how Ivica got an episode to himself, even if I thought his backstory was presented poorly. And as said above, I like how he couldn't contribute much to the enemy's defeat.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote