View Single Post
Old 2007-09-08, 17:27   Link #61
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The Skull Man was great, if only for that 70's-kamen-rider-kaiju feel thing. I don't really understand how one can be disappointed with the animation, since they've never really promised anything too awesome (and then underdelivered). It was a nice little retro thing, a bit similar to what Izubuchi has been doing with To Terra.

As for Mukoh Hadan, all I can say for now is that I really liked how during that fight scene, the animators used those little splotches of white noise to illustrate water droplets (or whatever).

I like that style. It sort of brings a wackier Studio-4C-esque sensibility into what seems like a rather run-of-the-mill Jubei-like story.

The first time I heard about Mukoh Hadan was, I think, sometimes around the time Kurau came out. This production now rivals GONZO's "Spirit" for the duration spent in development hell. I only hope it wouldn't be as much of a disappointment as "Spirit" was. Because, amazing animators aside... you really do need to tell an interesting, original story before you spice it up with crazy samurai fighting.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote