View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 09:23   Link #682
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I don't see it happening of course given how they pretty much play super safe and go for sale guarantees. That and the whole Kadokawa politic bullcrap which I still don't understand, though I do think it's pathetic how Kyoani can't even negotiate properly with them considering how much money Kyoani made for them.
Considering KyoAni is listed as one of the sponsors of the show (even getting a CM in the timeslots), I feel it's safe to say that someone wanted to work on this project (best guess would be Takemoto). KyoAni is in a somewhat different position than most of the other studios in that they tend to be on the production committee more often than not which helps in earning more revenue via alternative methods than just from the animation budget. I would say that it's not so much that Kadokawa forced them to animate Hyouka as there was a good amount of staff that chose specifically to animate this series.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote