Thread: Xbox 360
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-19, 03:31   Link #90
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
You seem to dismiss graphics only as flash, which is pretty damn noob and not even worth replying to. I've posted two long posts detailing the importance of graphics in the past, and I'm really not bothered to repeat them.

As for "strides" in Wii gameplay, I would love for the Wii to come out and succeed first before making such ignorant comments.
This post proves you need to step back from this forum, take some deep breaths, and come back without such an argumentive mentality.

At the very least you need to not only reread my posts, but every post they directly relate to.

The only personal opinion on how important I believe graphics to be was
Quote:
Granted, graphics do not make the game. They can make it more immersive, more appealing, but they are not the core foundation of what makes a game good.
and I stand by that. I do not think they make or break a game, but I do think they add to the experience. I make graphics, it's what I do, so of course I do not believe they're worthless, or "only flash". They're a part of a whole.

My posts were directly related to the comment that the 360 is "a graphics whore console", a comment I fail to understand. But you can go reread them and get that much, all I can do here is repeat myself.

As for my comments about the Wii, I am referring to how Nintendo seems to be pushing what they see as an advancement in gameplay over graphics, something unusual in console history. It is a stride in so much as it has captured the attention of the gaming industry, and the gaming media.

You need to stop looking for arguments where none exist.