View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 12:51   Link #851
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
While I do agree that it is grindy if you are looking for top-stat gears, explorable dungeons are completely doable with a green (Masterwork) item sets as long as your group doesn't have a complete tool. I pretty much cleared all story mode dungeons in blues and greens and ran several explorable modes in them. Encounters in explorable dungeons are definitely tougher and more difficult, but they are not as much dependent on your stats than they are on your team's ability to cooperate and adapt to the situation. There are no more gear checks in this game than there are skill checks, which is a complete shock and awe when you enter a dungeon expecting a typical dynamic event scenario where everyone just pile on top of the target.
Yeah I know, I'm just of the mindset that I'd rather have my character be as powerful as he can be statwise so I can play at max potential even if it isn't required. I'm definitely a fan of skill checks as opposed to gear checks though; I see the latter as artificial difficulty as I implied earlier. That's the main reason why I am playing this game and not any other MMOs.

I think the viability of green gear is actually another major strike against crafting though. You can buy an entire green level 80 set for less than a gold. It would take quite a bit more than that to level crafting to the point where you could make that gear. I can see leveling it because the armor skins are appealing, though that isn't enough reason for me personally to do it.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote