View Single Post
Old 2007-09-19, 17:11   Link #2298
That was embarrasing...

Lucky Star has meant a lot to me. I mean, I am relatively new to anime, and this was one of the first I have seen. I can clearly remember how I downloaded the frst episode because a lot of members of an Internet forum said it was the best 2007 anime.

And, how it dissapointed me... I was looking for taiko no tatsujin, tekken or street fighter that I had seen on the anime preview... And suddenly I was looking how a group of girls were talking about how they eat lots of food I have never heard of. But, I had nothing better to do, and lookes the second episode... and the third, and the fourth. And I loved the series more with each episode.

I have been always interested in the japaneses culture. I have always wanted to know something about the place where anime was created, popular for its great technology and sometimes treated as a place which could be seen as the world in the near future. And, I must add that I have always like references, even those which I do not understand, so that way I can learn more things.

You must have realized that I am defininf Lucky Star. If you add to this, that I like series without a complicated plot, like Keroro Gunsou (unless it has become worse and worse...), you have the result. Moe ( I didn't even know this word before L*S) characters, very well drawn their personalities, lots of references... you know, what the show is about.

And furthermore, thanks to all this foum I could understand better this show. Cultural references, seiyuus, and of course, theories, and various chatter... How to know if the girls were being chased by a certain boy? What do you think of Kagaminya being heart-broken? Do really Kagami and Konata want more than being friends (We love Kagam-e-i)?

It is a shame that L*S has ended... I truly wait for a second season. Or the mangas being licensed, or fansubbed, or whatever. I just want to be someone who can enjoy this a lttle more, know just a bit more, laugh on more time.

I will end this "long" post (maybe it is not very long, but it took me a while to write it xD) with my neverending sentence... What do you think??
723 is offline   Reply With Quote