Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-10, 09:52   Link #100
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
Excellent episode.

The idea that future knowledge can be a weapon is fascinating. But--if one can change someone's future based on foreknowledge, as Deus explains, doesn't that mean Yukitere and the others are basically back in the ordinary human situation, where the future is unknown and instead what we make of it collectively?

I thought the brief period where Yukitere was overjoyed at knowing his future very creepy: imagine being a slave doomed to doing what is written down in your phone journal...

Why does Yuno have to look like Akari from Aria?! It's incongruous.

Does Yuno get a back story to explain her infatuation with Yukitere, or is she simply a nut? In general: does this show have characters, or are they just stock figures served up to tell the story, make the jokes, etc?

The show seems to want to deal with serious issues, if the episode's opening violence and Yukitere's loneliness and isolation are anything to go by. But I hope Deux Ex Machina gets pulled down from his puppet-throne and becomes subject to the events as well. If the show insists instead on being simply a game, where the twelve participants fight with each other to win DEM's throne, that will be uninteresting.

So far, this show is very good--indeed, good enough to have a capacity to strongly disappoint. Hence these question!
I'll just say:

There is backstory.

Oh is there ever backstory.

As for the first question I guess the diary holders are in the situation where their future can change, but only because of the other diary holders. So what will happen once all the others are eliminated?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote