Thread: Licensed Sukitte Ii na yo
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 17:29   Link #226
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I tried to read the manga, but it has those shoujo-ish character designs (long necks/arms/feet) that I find particularly ugly. Thankfully, in the anime only Mei's "boyfriends" suffer from that style.
I'm not fond of that kind of art style either. However I got no problems ignoring that as long as the story is good. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Now that's a surprise. I honestly thought it was Megu that was brought in cheaply and abruptly. In contrast, Kai was already introduced into the story before his role came up and has an established past with Yamamoto.
Actually you are right now that I compare them again. In contrast, Megu's appearance was cheap and abrupt. The way Kai entered the stage still felt more unnatural to me though (and still cheap) even if he already made his appearance a while ago. I guess I just can't understand the way he acts and thinks that makes me feel irritated. I especially can't see how he can throw a confession, albeit a half-hearted one, within so few interactions and within such a short time, directly against his former friend who is just about to pick up his girlfriend, the girl of interest. It baffles me to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Kai's actions in this episode were a bit rushed in the anime. There were a few more scenes where Kai and Mei interacted that happened in the manga (which the anime omitted) leading up to Kai's confession (to Yamato ) he likes Mei.
Alright, that makes sense. Well, I don't actually consider it a huge fault or so, but I hope that Kai will be fleshed out more properly from now on. And I want to see him in despair for any failed attempts at tries to win over Mei's affection.