View Single Post
Old 2006-05-05, 13:49   Link #61
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Tanuki, it seems that you feel very strongly against illegal immigrations. But you prove your point quite well and I also agree with your reasoning too. Tanuki, do you speak from personal experiences or just from education and personal beliefs? Now I know that personal beliefs seems to out power regular judgements, but we have our own beliefs and ideal how the world should run, so i'll just be quiet here.

I guess more time is required to solve this problem. But while we wait, i'll just watch and read. ^_^
Both from education, family history, and personal beliefs. America is a relatively young nation when compared to most others in the world like England, France, Spain, Italy, China, Japan, and so on. With the exception of native indians, everyone in the US now could look back a short distance in their family tree and point to when and where their ancestors immigrated to the US. Some came to the US because they were fleeing religious or political persecution in their native country, others came because they hoped to gain a measure of the economic good life for themselves and their family that the american dream promised. They arrived in the US and followed the immigration laws which were in effect at that time to become legal naturalized citizens.

Illegal immigrants are following a different path though towards the common destination of a gaining a better life by moving to the US. They are trying to take a shortcut that has little regard for anything other than what they want. They don't respect the existing immigration laws of the country they are traveling to. They don't appear to care what the legal citizens living in the country they are moving into think about what they are doing. Instead it looks like they this is the situation...you (the US government) can't find us (the illegal immigrants) to kick us out, there are millions of us already in your country with more coming in each day because your border security has been such a joke, we've been living and working here for years and in many cases are able to pocket all of our earnings without having to pay any state or federal taxes on our gross income because we are often paid in cash for our labor, and we can hurt your economy if you propose legislation that would deny our demand for amnesty and citizenship now (or seriously attempt to block others like us from entering your country illegally in the future and gaining citizenship then). Others may disagree, but to me that doesn't seem right, fair, acceptable, and or a few dozen other words I can think of to apply to this. It like a slap in the face to legal immigrants who came to america and worked within the existing immigration system at the time of their arrival to become naturalized citizens.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote