View Single Post
Old 2010-11-19, 11:22   Link #1903
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
uh NEXUS means this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA-271GIsZU yes that NEXUS really besides with type-talking how come there no action to do about it to get GS movie & 3rd GS?

really where is fan interaction on it?!
I don't get it...not sure what you're saying.

You mean why are fans only talking on forums about Gundam Seed and not like writing letters to Sunrise? I'm sure hardcore fans do...but I guess the real demand for a Seed movie isn't so strong to the point where Sunrise NEEDS to submit to the calling. As successful as Seed is I have to say that the haters are equally vocal about it. It's not like Firefly or Star Trek where there's a very strong vocal positive fan base, to the point where their DEMAND is so strong it ressurects franchises.

But again...Seed is a giant cash cow, so it's not like they would lose an arm doing it. They're probably seriously discussing within the committee where they should take the Gundam fan base in the future. They probably don't want to promote more than two works at once in case they break up the fan base too much. We already have Unicorn and 00 just ended, so they're basically considering if they should go back to the Seed movie or promote a whole new material.

@ Washu-Chan

I'd say Fllay is the one that's based on Lalah. Her character is not like Lalah at all but the role she serves is very similar. She's basically THE GIRL that changed Kira and the girl that dies that makes him feel guilt and frustration to take down the antagonist. I wouldn't say Athrun has Heero in him either, he's all Char...just a concentrated bro-side of Char. If we really have to put it Amuro's character is divided into Mwu and Kira while Char's character is divided into Athrun and Rau. Mwu also plays the sacrificial mentor role so he's probably got a spice of Sleggar/Ryu in him. The rest of the cast like Nicol, Yzak and what not I don't think are really based on anyone. They're just stereotypes to give the "bad guys" some character. Yzak - hot headed dude...Dearka happy go lucky guy...Nicol the super nice best friend...all very typical "enemy friends".
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote