View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 19:51   Link #213
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Well what else are clues when you get down to it. Even in a classical detective story a hint won't jump into your face and scream ''recognize me''...at least not in a story that is a challenge. In hindsight everything stands out more, but in a good story it is the audience's role to either make sense of them or admit defeat. Yes, there are stories which fail to keep their clues consistent but in Another there is rrally just one sensible solution.
I agree with Dengar, and it's more or less what I'm trying to say. What I mean is, in looking over some of the "clues," they really don't point to anything. In hindsight, we may think to ourselves, "oh, that's sort of weird that they chose to do that. Yeah, I could see how that was supposed to be a clue," but it's not really a clue at all - it's just us trying to see things that aren't really there.

Let's discuss this some more when the series ends. You could be right. I didn't completely spoil the series for myself, and as a result perhaps the clues will seem more like real clues to me once I understand everything. I think it would be interesting to discuss the significance of a number of these clues, though.