View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 21:57   Link #899
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.

I liked it. It was a little more action-y then the first and the big reveal at the end isn't quite as tangible as in the first movie, but that's probably because of the sheer scale of it, which on reflection is impressive. However it was quite entertaining, Moriarty was a great villain although I found his design to be a little off of what I had pictured it to be. The dynamic between Holmes and Watson was fun too, it seemed to swing back and forth between the two with both characters getting some awesome moments to shine. It's hard to say much else without spoiling bits really so I'll just finish with, Mycroft is hilarious, I expected more Irene, the gypsy girl is fairly handy, some things are predictable but the execution is fun and the climax should be familiar to fans of the books if I'm not mistaken. Overall a movie worth seeing.

Looking forward to seeing Tin Tin myself.

Oh yeah, Avengers preview before Holmes was awesome, and the GI Joe one was good too. The Chronicle movie seemed like it might be OK, bunch of kids with telekinetic powers get a little power crazy.