View Single Post
Old 2007-10-06, 15:04   Link #146
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I just quit the game a few weeks ago. Guild was just starting to make headway into SSC and TK but I just got burned out. The guild was huge and we had a ton of unreliable people so our raid group composition was different every day, and some of the people we brought were still in greens and blues. There were nights when we wiped like crazy on Gruul after having him on farm for months because of this. We were capable of downing Void Reaver but my motivation quickly dried up knowing that I could be spending hours clearing the worst trash ever only to be unable to kill him before enrage because of the slackers (I'm talking dps classes below the tanks in damage, that's how bad it was).

There was also the issue of having to explain every fight for every raid because of all the new people we constantly had, and taking forever between attempts after wipes. All in all, a huge waste of time. The final straw was when the officers implemented a new dkp system that rewarded the slackers, new recruits, and people who only showed up when they felt like it just as much as the people who had built the guild from the ground up.

Heh, I thought I'd enjoyed the game but typing all this makes me realize I guess I didn't. Might start playing again with the new expansion, but only for exploring the new areas and pvp. After this ordeal in BC and my Naxx guild imploding pre-BC, I think I'm done with raiding.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote