View Single Post
Old 2006-10-23, 16:47   Link #1224
bayoab

First of all, the review was by Carlo Santos, the RTO writer. He is known for hating EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Following the above link, I just have to state this. If those "overviewers" or whatever they wants to be called have seen everything the world had to offer, why do they even bother scanning new shows? I mean, most of the comments are rather condescending (to outright degrading). I seriously doubt most of those shows are so crappy.
And what is the point if it was just fanboy fappage? That just makes everything stale if you aren't willing to cast negative light on it. Do you honestly always want to hear positive reviews even if the show down right sucked?

So what did you think of the original Kanon?
It's plot was okay.

Is that what you really want to hear? No mention of the shitty art? That toei can't animate for shit?
Also, 99% of everything is crap. Of the 52 or so new shows, only 2-3 are worth checking out.

Quote:
I mean, judging from the comments of Kanon 2006, they seriously needs to stop watching TV for years. If you don't like bishoujo anime in the first place, DON'T WATCH THEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
None of the reviewers remotely cared for the genre they were reviewing which means they approached it as a loss to begin with. The reviews seemed basically designed to stir up controversy to light up their comment forums and ad hits.
What is the point of having someone review someone if they do care for the genre? They are not reviewing it for fans of the genre, they are reviewing it for the casual viewer out there who knows nothing of the genre. The point of the reviews is to be objective and not based on any fanaticism. This isn't a review of Kanon as a bishoujo anime, its a review of Kanon as an anime in general. Like it or not, this is what the normal person will think of Kanon if they picked up the first dvd of it.

Edit: Look at some of the posts in the talkback too. Kanon is not for everything. If you don't realize that yet, welcome back to reality.
Edit 2: As Zac pointed out, read the DISCLAIMER on the top of the page. They aren't trying to review the series either. Just impressions from the first episode or so.

Last edited by bayoab; 2006-10-23 at 16:57.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote