View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 20:02   Link #29797
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I'm also thinking like, shouldn't there be a sort of stand at one point?
10 tons of mysterious gold from Italy, 1 kilometer in diameter explosion crater, raising a child to wear gradually bigger fake breast, said being pretenting to be two people during the same work shift, jessica never noticed nor that person's employer, Kyrie's baby being stolen etc... We can find explanations for all of these, I guess. Doesn't change that all of that together sounds well like most fantasy stories are LESS insane (I have a really hard time if anything to think a fantasy story would pull out Shkanon in the same nonsensical way). So what I'm thinking is when something is too ridiculous, shouldn't we question it's very existence and the information that we have about it? As it stands Umineko is the ninja pirate zombie robot of Mystery.
Undoubtely Ryukishi went overboard with the highly improbable stuffs, expecially considering it's a mystery and people try to find a solution that sounds not just possible but also probable while in certain cases it's implied the right solution is the improbable one.

... sometimes I think the reason why Ryukishi doesn't want to reveal the complete solution to Umineko it's not because he doesn't have one but because he realized that's one so unlikely readers would find hard to accept it.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote