View Single Post
Old 2011-04-05, 10:31   Link #89
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
It is ironic indeed but that doesn't mean ti is completely free from misogyny especially when it comes to characters like Orihime from bleach. Orihime is a good character but she often chided by fans for being useless in combat despite the fact that she is a pacifist.
Yeah you do have a point but most of that is Kubo's fault for the way he portrayed Orihime during the Hueco Mundo arc. But yeah it annoys me when people automatically say Orihime is useless because she is a girl and all she can do is heal and protect. If she was useless just about all of the main characters would be dead right about now. I am can name plenty of characters that are far more useless than Orihime. I am a feminist as well and I generally hate females who don't have any combat abilities but I like Orihime for some odd reason. I know Orihime can be annoying at times but the rabid hate of her is unnecessary and ridiculous.

The only real stereotype I hate is a Tsunadere who beats up on the main character or females beating on males basically.

Notable examples: Kagome Higurashi, Nami, and most other shounen heroines. Even Rukia Kuchiki does it.

Reason: Its a double standard. It is basically telling girls they have a right to hit on a guy when guys are told that they are wrong for hitting on girls. Its stupid and immature to hit someone when you can't get your way or when you are mad at him. For some odd reason in Japan it seems to almost be viewed as a sign of femininity especially in the shounen genre. I think its cowardly to hit someone who can't hit you back and definitely not funny