View Single Post
Old 2013-06-02, 05:57   Link #39
Pengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is a Final Destination ripoff(okay maybe ripoff's a bit extreme. how about an anime adaption)
The anime had me interested till the first death. I won't lie, it did take me by surprise. After that though, it was pretty much Final Destination - without the order. Really the rest of the deaths were absurd and just lacked any kind of reasoning that made sense - even in the supernatural things context. I mean it would have been far better if Reiko was the one going around killing people. I mean even Final Destination has a reasonable reason to kill off people - they were supposed to die in the first place.
The only killings that made sense were when the students were killing their fellow classmates. Those killings at least had a semblance of reasoning behind them(they wanted to live at any cost).
So, although it starts of pretty good as a thriller, it degrades even quicker into a bloodbath devoid of reason.

5/10. from me, mostly for the artwork.
Well, you summed it up pretty much for me. Why did so many have to die and Sakuragi was wonderful person. And then she goes and dies such a meaningless death when she could have had a wonderful life ahead of her. And then it just continued totally going of the rails in the last few episodes. And to top it of we find out Reiko, just a beautiful and wonderful person, was killed before in some senseless violence some time back. I liked quite a few things about this anime but it is overshadowed by this. 3 out of 10.