View Single Post
Old 2010-12-23, 15:03   Link #7456
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
I'm not commenting on anything in the spoken language though, it's all body language, which is universal.
Whenever I read the raw version of anything, all I can do is relying on the bodily movements and expressions of the characters to get a sense of the situation. I know when the characters get embarrassed, when they got nervous, and the likes, but I'm uncertain of knowing why they behave that way since I can't understand a word they said. In other words, all I can do is making assumptions on what's happening (or what they are thinking) if I only rely on the body language without understanding the texts.

However, I have a much larger grasp on the situation (almost perfectly) if I can understand the texts even without any arts/drawing/body language (but the art does provide me a clearer visual atmosphere). The texts are much more helpful and important than the arts in given light to the events and the character's thoughts. Ignoring them is no different from ignoring the author's words and making your own assumptions of what's going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I would suggest you try reading it first then comment on it, especially since the english is already out.
Precisely.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote