View Single Post
Old 2006-10-13, 19:50   Link #359
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I really like the thought of that character introduction scene as a way to introduce the class as a character, rather than just mini-intros of the characters. Each of the students were talking to each other so you saw how they interacted together, not just in isolation. It was very much a class.
One of them actually was talking to herself, the girl with the computer, who was murmuring accusation of the class-inchou as shouta-kun.

Two things I've observed after watchng the second episode. First, this series seems to be poking fun at the previous anime adaptation. The voice over announcer is a prime example of that whose tone of attitude is so familiar in parodies. I just couldn't help but laugh at the way he was describing in the first episode as to why Negi, a 10-year-old, has to go to undertake a teaching position in a all-girl school who are also older than him. Then, the dialogue filled opening theme "song" in the 2nd episode where a lot of those dialogues are remniscient of the previous adaptation. I mean, a lot of us have already observed as to how strange and unusual the opening theme song is, but I wonder how many actually have paid attention to those random (seemingly) dialogues. I still need the subs to understand them fully, nontheless, found them pretty amusing from as much as I understood.

The second thing I noticed is that Evangeline was the main attraction for both of these episodes. Does this mean the central theme (vampire) of this series would follow suit of Shinbo's other delicious work, TMP (Tsukyomi Moon Phase)? The uncanny familiarity between the series seems to indicate as such which only makes me happy. Having a main theme is a good thing too because, in my humble opinion, the first adaptation failed due to the lack of focus to any theme.

Episode two was more entertaining for me because it was more amusing. I was rolling when Negi summoned a pot right above Asuna's head in his second try of elaborate magic spell so he could wipe out her memory to preseve his secret.

P.S. I realize the above observations are already made by other fans in form of specualtion. Naturally, I was really excited to be able to see and recognize what those folks were talking about for the first time, and just had to let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
I'm not saying that ANN is wrong, but I'd love to see them start referencing where they get their information. I personally haven't seen any official mention of series length.
I've no idea either where the ANN are getting their info's, but I'm hoping they will turn out to be right! If Shinbo could stretch TMP to 25 episodes (technically, 26) and was still able to keep it entertaining, why not Negima!? as well!!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote