Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-31, 21:14   Link #4049
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
On my end of things, I'm probably going to take a serious break from romance for awhile. Stress over school, stress over my family, and a lot of other factors pretty much played into ending my current relationship. I feel like a grade A bitch for hurting her, because I know I did, and the thought of her hurting makes me ache. But I had to be honest with her...

Anyway, single again and planning to stay that way for awhile this time. I need to smooth out some things before I take another shot at a relationship.
So why end the relationship (i mean what does it matter of you being gf's with her) rather than just chilling on the romance, fun stuff and just let her support you as a friend? Kinda curious about that aspect, since most peeps say that their bf/gf's are like their best/closest friends and more, a relationship isn't all fun or games, rather, this is where it begins to really count.
When life turns to utter crap, will you mutually help and support each other through an event and can the couple survive it?

So even if you can't dedicate as much time into the relationship as you'd like, but she's all for supporting you through your really stressful period, (which means, she'll definitely know to chill on the fun/lovey stuff cause she'll be concerned for you) then why actually 'break up'?
Isn't supporting the ones you care about all part of being in a relationship as well? Or rather, is it tying into something related with your self-confidence issue. Not wanting to 'burden' her with your issues?

Something doesn't sit right here RB, I don't know particular details, but all it sounds like to me is that you've shut a friend out, first and foremost. No one is really gonna be in a 'perfect' state while in a relationship (albiet, there are better states of emotional and mental health before getting into a relationship) - but you were already with her and she I'm sure is fully aware, so where or what is the key point here for you to actually cut off a support line to help you get through your really tough moments?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote