View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 17:01   Link #84
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I take it Macross isn't big on model sales.
It is true that you won't find a lot of Macross kits out there, at least not for everything you saw on the show. However, kits from the original are still popular, such as the VF-1s, some Zent suits and so on. The YF-19 and 21s are equally popular. Nonetheless, unlike Gundam, Macross does not have as extensive of a relationship with Bandai, and their kits can come from a lot of companies while all scale Gundam kits are almost exclusively produced by Bandai.

Moreover, Macross variable fighters, unlike Gundams, are not designed EXCLUSIVELY for the sake of toy sales (which SEED was all about, see). Shoji Kawamori is not afraid to be complex with his designs. Thus there is an economic factor, Macross toys aren't very easy to produce. A while ago, there was a MONSTER action figure, but it was like a collector's item and very expensive. I'd imagine it to be so, since it was, well, monstrous.

That, and new Macross series usually come out every 5 years or so. Gundam rips a new one annually. Hard to compete the numbers, if you ask me.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote