View Single Post
Old 2008-05-22, 02:20   Link #56
sayde

If we're really deciding between which one is more canon, then I can't really choose.

But with all the supporting arguments I'm reading in this thread, I'm inclined to believe that the topics name should be changed to something like "most intimate (or closest) pairing" as suppose to "Most canon pairing".

Now perhaps someone can help me understand this but based on what I thought the word "canon" meant, I struggle to understand how any of these pairings could be considered more "canon" than the other. But then again, I'm having trouble understanding how any fact within a story could be considered more canon than another fact within the same story unless we're dealing retcons, situations, and events that directly conflict with one another. Usually something that's canon isn't open for debate since it is what it is. Even with the famous Rukia/OrihimexIchigo pairing, both of these pairings are equally canon. It's the degree (or intimacy) of the pairings that seems to be debated more often than not.