View Single Post
Old 2008-01-02, 12:55   Link #106
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Yes, actually, as I would accept the truth that time has passed on and people must continue with their lives and not live at the expense of mine. I would easily be able to accept the actions that Mitsuki took, as well as the actions of Takayuki. As much, Haruka accepted the same actions for the very same reasons I just stated above.
People just don't get it, do you? Life goes on yes...but NOT when you woke up and found out that your bestfriend has already get together with your boyfriend. Haruka finally accepted the truth but look again carefully on WHY she finally decides to accept the truth and to sever all ties with both Mitsuki and Takayuki? She said "Takayuki is no longer the boy that she was chasing 3 years ago." In reality, nobody (at least not in my oriental culture) would accept a man (aka my boyfriend) who has slept with my friend (let alone a bestfriend)! That kind of thing is just culturally and morally wrong. Ironically, it's a different matter altogether if Takayuki was to hook up with a total stranger. Your comment of "I would easily be able to accept the actions that Mitsuki took as well as the actions of Takayuki" tells just how insignificant you think of love. But that is NOT Haruka. She certainly doesn't look at love so callously like you said. Otherwise, she would not have slapped Mitsuki and told her to go away and bid farewell to Takayuki. She intends to sever all ties with those that betrayed her - which is the right decision - and to go on with her life. But did she ever once said or showed any assent for both Takayuki and Mitsuki to be together? She was basically telling Takayuki that he may leave her now and do whatever he wants with his life but she would not be part of. I think I understand this better than you do. I would be surprised if you can understand even half of what I am trying to convey here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
I think you are kinda confused at the reason Mitsuki 'stripped' for Takayuki. The purpose of it was both as a shock to Takayuki as much as it is a proclamation of her total devotion to him.

In medical terms, yes, one year is a long time, matter of fact, comatose patients that are under for 12 months are generally not expected to recover, and if they actually do are expected to obtain a level of brain damage that will inhibit their abilities and more than likely inhibit their cognitive reasoning skills.

Even as it stands, there was no true betrayal as there was no malicious intent. Matter of fact, the entirety of reasoning behind Mitsuki's throwing herself at Takayuki was, in fact, selfless as it was her attempt to finally break Takayuki from the slump he was in by throwing a complete shock to his system and making him take a stand.
Whatever reasons Mitsuki make love to Takayuki is unimportant. It is the fact that they did is the whole point here. It was morally wrong and unfair to Haruka (as the guy's girlfriend and the girl's bestfriend) that is the issue here. Even though your lover (and your bestfriend) are in a coma, that is still not an excuse to 'comfort' each other sexually. While I understand perfectly all their actions given the circumstances and their feelings for each other, that still doesn't make Takayuki and Mitsuki's actions righteous. Do you understand what I am saying here? One of my point is since Mitsuki has decided to let her bestfriend (Haruka) have Takayuki even against her own heart's desire - that was noble - then she should have lay her fingers off her bestfriend's man. But given the growing strong feelings she already has for the boy, it is understandable...but still, that does not necessarily make the actions seemed right. Therefore, it is still betrayal no matter how you see it. A betrayal of Haruka's love for Takayuki and trust for Mitsuki.
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote