View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 18:12   Link #111
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
But it did involve gunning down civilians, what do you think team Trinity did at the arms factory in the Union? Over 500 civilian workers dead. One thing is the actual meisters and CB aka Ptolemaios crew disagreeing with those methods, but Veda itself had no issues with that, in fact it allowed even Ribbons alterations to the plan because it was furthering the original plan. Machines don't know right from wrong or that the ends don't justify the means.
Uh did you watch a different series?

As CB found out people like Ribbons went in and took control of Veda and altered things which resulted in the civil war between the loyalists and the fake innovators.

In the end, the loyalists won, took back Veda, and got things back on track with Aeolia.

When Saji was doing his little research the Haro told him flat out that the Trinity were the enemies of CB.

Quote:
Let's not forget that CB also had a policy of noone left alive after an intervention before they went public. They were even supposed to kill victims like child soldiers...Then there are all the pilots they killed because they were simply doing their jobs and protecting their countries. Before CB even appeared there weren't even any major wars, just small ethnic conflicts here and there. None of the major powers were at war. CB also murdered its own scientists to keep their technology a secret. hardly a good organization...
I note they never actually went in to wipe out cities or gun down people.

And for the record, they actually had a freakin alien species bearing down on them so I would cut CB some slack on that department as it prepared them for what was to come. Yes to the rest of us it was weird as the Earth sphere was relatively peaceful but with a decade or so there would be a massive alien invasion which would make all of the conflicts look like tiny school fights.

In AGE, I would've found more sympathy for Ezcelant as a necessary evil if the rumors about the UE preparing the Federation for war was true.

In this case, he lost his son, snapped, and now wants to judge humanity.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote