View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 04:27   Link #12
Blaat

I really have no problem with Saki unlocking Satoru's mantra, I do wish though they added the mantra scene in the first or second episode instead of just a flashback just before the unlocking scenes.

But what really baffles me, and it has been pointed out by others here, is why the hell didn't Saki ask Mamoru to unlock her cantus? Just tell him her mantra and repeat the lines of the priest. Now obviously just saying the lines would have failed and there's more to the hypnosis (Saki being surrounded by a glow) but at least the viewer would get a better grasp of this.

Instead they skipped this and the rest of the episode consisted Satoru using his cantus to kill things, Saki telling him he should stop/head back followed by Satoru telling her it would be futile and they should wipe out the spider ground clan first.
The only positive I can say about these scenes is that we got to see cantus in its full power and if a kid can do this much...

Anyway I'm starting to get worried about this series, the first four episodes were fantastic but the quality of the last two episodes weren't anywhere close to that.
Checking ANN they had a newbie as the episode director and doing the storyboards. Can't we just have the team who did the first four episode do the entire series?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Although I do find he was a bit stupid, considering that if the monk didn't stand a chance against the enemy
Satoru did say that the monk used his cantus defensively, which failed, and if they want to have a chance of surviving this that they should use their power offensively in order to defeat the enemy. The best defence is an offence and all that.