Thread: What is Gundam?
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-25, 15:12   Link #76
flamingtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
In that case, where does "I find it interesting how similar V gundam is to Evangelion" come from?

And if you didn't think that there were only insignificant similarities between Victory and Evangelion, then what's the point of bringing it up in the first place? I could probably find that kind of commonality between Victory and Sailor Moon, or Rose of the Versailles, or Nausicaa, or any number of other shows.
That just nitpicking on syntax. Fine if you want to do that I can as well.

I used the quantifier "How", to designiate that there exist similarities between them. But that statemetn does not indicate how much similarities are there. As long as there exist similarties that is beyond the trivial, I believe that statement is still considered true.

Also the you might want to define "significant" abit. I generaly don't like this sort of qualifiers beucase they mean different things to different people. Must it be MSG-SEED kind of similarities for 2 shows to be "significantly" similar? If that is the case, then I have nothing to argue with you about. In my dictionary, SEED is pretty much half a clone.

I am not quite sure how V gundam and Eva, both having the main plot driver being an organization that is bent on creating a new order through mechanisms that will reduce people into an infant state of mind to unite them can have the same level of correlation as say V gundam to Sailormoon.

I would really like to see you point out similarities between Victory And Sailor Moon in any meaningful ways other than how some of the girls dressed skimpily? Or cite other similarities between those aforementioned titles and V gundam. Give me some insight.

Quote:
I still haven't seen any reason to doubt my assessment of Tomino as "bitter". If you have a problem with my statements, then you should try attacking my arguments, rather than go about it in this roundabout way.
Is just better to point it out in action
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote