View Single Post
Old 2007-08-18, 19:32   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This episode had me very excited just from the title "How to change destiny" of course i gave it a 10.

I was amazed at how much changed in short amount of time. Instead of only Keiichi remembering the past they all did this time in the form of dreams. Whats more surprising was it was very simple to change course. Each person talked to another person about what they had experienced therefore changing destiny. It makes sense in all the other past worlds none them talked about whats was bothering them the end result being each one eventually killed someone. In my opinion the disasters that involve Keiichi, Mion, Shion, Rena and Satoko have been resolved i see no other way for them to repeat the past.

But there are always wildcards and unanswered questions. The big one being why is Rika killed and who does it. Rika was smart to remember that her death always comes after Watanagashi festival and always after Takano and Tomitake enter the shrine. I see Rika reasoning for letting them in the only way to get them to agree with her plan was too let them into the shrine. ITs still curse worthy but lets say both of them are protected till at least the next day that alone changes destiny since they did die on the night of the festival. Their fate being changed may change Rika's fate as well. The key is them actual doing what they promised. Rika cant watch them since she has to preform the blessing at the festival she can only trust their words. The biggest surprise was seeing that in this world Akasaka actually took Rikas warning and went back to Tokyo and prevented his wifes death. To me that is the final sign that this is the most opportune time for Rika to act. This final clue is what i believed made up Rikas mind to be determined that and the fact that she tested her protection status.

In the end i agree with Rika there will most likely never be a better chance to change things then in the current world. All of Rikas friends remembering the past has never happened before and honestly i doubt it would ever happen again. My theory is the reason why Rika failed in all the other worlds is because she had to wait for this particular world to change things forever. In other words all the other worlds she could not have changed things no matter how hard she tried its a game of patience. Im glad to see that she has new found determination to stop the killings and the ultimate fate of Hinamizawa to be changed. Unfortunetly there are always unknows and events that no one could predict. Im hopeful for the future since i think all parties deserve to live. But with a story like Higurashi iv learned that the slightest hope can turn into despair very quickly, especially when the MIG appear.