Thread: Licensed Witchblade (2006)
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-13, 21:55   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
This show is getting rather interesting. It has solid artwork, animation seems consistant, not a lot of cliches. It's not outstanding in the least, but it looks like it wouldn't suck either, so I am giving it a shot.

My only beef with it... the bust is distracting, especially when she transforms and they do the whole obligatory fanservice shtick with her breasts hanging out in the open. It's just silly and, frankly, quite stupid. If they'd made it two sizes smaller and stopped the idiotic showing off, it would have been perfect.

All in all, a medium-quality little show to take your mind off the deeper stuff.
I agree that the fanservice borders on the insane erotic, and the music theme of Masane's metamorphosis exaggerates a lot the moaning sounds.

However, as long as it is kept down and not overused, making me laugh, it will not interrupt the flow of the episode to me.

Sincerely, better be that producers grant WitchBlade Masane a properly, fleshed character with consistent motivations to find about herself and for what purpose the WitchBlade chose her as the current wielder.

And they also better to come with better designs with the creatures, though I would prefer them to be demons or mutants instead.

I will reiterate for a last time that the old man with that blondie could be...
Spoiler:

Sorry, I never had seen Soul Taker, therefore, it's hardly for me to make comparison with WitchBlade.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote