View Single Post
Old 2010-12-08, 00:25   Link #1187
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchafrap View Post
I successfully ordered a back issue from August directly through the publisher, Kadokawa. It was reasonably cheap (much cheaper than any auction/amazon sites) but still about twice the cover price.

I have no idea if they are willing to ship internationally and Japan for sure is not mailing anything that weighs more than 493 grams to the US as per some regulation (you can still get things FedExed or UPSed but it's usually grossly overpriced). Gundam Ace itself is more along the lines of two to three pounds? No to mention the extras, which have been ranging from mini folders to model bases.
Well, considering the prices we get charged for Gundam Ace here pretty much are 2x cover price there, maybe it won't be so much of a difference. We get hosed. Though, plus shipping, it might be too ridiculous... And do you have to be able to speak Japanese to order direct from them anyway?

By the way, actually, that shipping embargo has already been lifted. I think it was lifted about a week ago, if I remember correctly, because a friend of mine was supposed to send me a cosplay wig but she couldn't send it in time before she left Japan herself for the winter break. But I know it has been lifted! So if anyone wants to try getting a backorder from Japan, they can at least ship. If it was shipping from Kadokawa they would be able to anyway, I'm sure Kadokawa is a registered business with the Japan Post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
It comes out after Xmas. Chances are it's more backstory. We've got a long way to go.
Didn't they basically confirm in the last chapter it'd be more backstory next chapter, anyway? Except it's for Relena and Zechs, this time.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote