View Single Post
Old 2010-12-08, 05:04   Link #1192
gundamnedgirl03

good god. finally back to discussing the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Half of him was the mystery that surrounded him. He was loved for it. Now Sumisawa just revealed his past that no one asked for [I’m almost too sure fans like the fact that his past is unknown, well, coz it’s badass if a character’s past unknown. Sure, everyone must’ve wondered what his whole childhood was but they didn’t mind not knowing, they didn’t mind if they will never know what it was. I know I preferred to just wonder about it forever because that’s the beauty of it. It makes you daydream about it.]. What’s bloody annoying is that I don’t find this past of Heero’s that Sumisawa just revealed even slightly interesting at all. He just had a normal/ordinary one, ok maybe not as ordinary as other kids have, but I see nothing special in his past that Sumisawa just revealed. Yeah, ok, maybe it’s my fault for assuming/fantasising he had this dark fantastic past, nobody ever said he had an awesome jaw-dropping one in the first place so I shouldn’t have assumed that. But bloody hell, even if his past were as badass as I hoped it was, I still prefer if it was never revealed. Coz it’s one of those things that once you know the answer to, the thinking, the over-analysing, the fussing about it – the fun is gone. It’s over. I’m sorry, guys, I didn’t mean to rant this much. It’s just for some reason I still can’t get over it. Coz now with his past revealed, JUST. LIKE. THAT. He is less controversial. He’s less puzzling, less intriguing, less interesting. I’m annoyed because we were teased, or at least I was, with the mystery surrounding him throughout the series, fine there was a little background info about him in EZ, but he was still a mystery. And now, with his past out in the open, it’s clear that he’s just an ordinary guy after all. It just so happened that he’s aloof and stoic. All the mysterious-teasing just boils down to the fact that he was an ordinary guy in the end, then why make us think he was mysterious in the first place. No dark secrets were revealed anyway. And now we’re being teased once again about what his real name is. What the hell does it matter now. What the heck does it change now.
ugh! agreed. although i don't really mind if it was revealed, i just hoped that it was more interesting than THAT. there really aint nuthin special there. at least to me and u and hopefully to some other ppl. but whatever. now........ i just wanna kno about what's happened to quatre and trowa all those yrs.
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote