View Single Post
Old 2014-09-29, 04:43   Link #658
Mahesvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonedSM View Post
異世界迷宮で奴隷ハーレムを it only has 5 chapter translated so far...
damn that spoiler, it piqued my interest to read it.

anyway, i once read a tensei translation where the MC is a retired spec ops drill instructor, that died in a mission, but forgot the title.

when he reincarnated he can't use magic/his magic is low class type in a world where the society is based by their magic.

if there's an info about this, i would welcome it.

-rant-
there's that, and then, i was wondering, why the kind of novel that is recommended here is rarely seen in western fantasy literature with main theme of reborn, transported, or even combining fantasy with sci-fi elements (there's hell's gate by david webber, and that's that)?

the one i do found that involves some sort of fantasy/time travel/reborn/transported/any of those combined are mostly targeted to female audiences, in which the story usually has hard gay male MC, or submissive underwear model male if the lead mc are female.
this is good for female audiences or for those that like that sort of stuff.

while the more traditional fantasy genre now falls into the generic grimdark, or save the world, or a rogue, which after a while it kinda boring, sure there's some good one, which while using the same template manage to introduce something fresh, like the kingkiller chronicle (basically grimdark voodoo harry potter with badass OP), stormlight archive (storm is used to recharge your money, and op is superman, and it's trying to revive the JLA), and quite a few more.

but that's it, it only revolves on the same old high-fantasy, sometimes they introduce guns and cannon and warfare like the one you would find in napoleon era (powder mage trilogy).

i kinda miss old fantasy like john carter of mars and conan the barbarian where the story is interesting and without the need to focus about realism, politically correct, or any other convoluted stuff.

-rant end-

It's "World Teacher". http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...12#post1636312 you can read it here but after third chapter, translator dropped this
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote