View Single Post
Old 2010-11-18, 19:23   Link #78
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
hmmm... what about his bodyguards?...
No one really knowns what Madara did to them after teleporting them away. So I would classify them as 'unknown.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske
actually Konan was technically the first casualty. but if you mean for this particular fight then yea he was the first
What I meant was, the first members of the Ninja Alliance. Even though they were on a long mission and did not receive new head protectors or get placed in special squads, they were relaying valuable info to the alliance. Konan is more of a loose end to Akatsuki. As she was not a formal member of either side, the Alliance will not care for her death(Except Naruto). You could argue that she died because she was protecting a weapon that Madara required for the war, therefore she was a casualty. But I say she would have been killed anyway just for betraying Akatsuki, reguardless of what she was protecting. Madara could have fought her upon her immediate return to Amegakure, before declaring war. In other words, her fight was inevitable as was her death. Now Danzou, because he was at the Alliance Meeting(before it was an Alliance) I think would get credit, but no one really morned his death, everyone was glad he was gone. Again you could say that because he used his last bit of life to try to defeat Madara and Sasuke with a suicide move to prevent War that he is a casualty of it. But by originally pursuing his own ends and trying to gain position and power through manipulation, I think the rest of the Kages and assistants consider that close to a betrayal and could absolutely not be trusted. They even had someone guard him. Further more, instead of standing and fighting with the rest of the Kages, he chose to flee, abandoning the Alliance. Had he stayed, I think he would have survived. But because he lost everyones trust trying to pursue his own goals and abandoned the Alliance, he does not count as an alliance casualty of the War.

Poor Aburame Clan though. One KIA one MIA.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote