View Single Post
Old 2009-02-02, 01:30   Link #43
kasumicc

Uh? o.o What does Hagaren have to do with KyoAni? The remake will be made by BONES, just as the first season :P

I like Haruhi, but the whole "we want new season" thing really bothers me. I mean, FMP fans have been waiting for longer. Haruhi fans should be grateful that at least, they'll receive something for now! Myself, I'm really satisfied with the upcoming miniseries.

I think the comparison with Nodame was directed to the fact that Nodame is indeed a series well liked even among non-otaku people. The manga and the live action were very popular even before the anime started.
On the other hand, Haruhi is a purely otaku phenomenon. No surprise with that; Haruhi has many elements specially directed to an otaku audience. Haruhi's popularity could be based, then, on the fact that almost every person with a little of anime culture, has watched the series. But I just don't see how Haruhi could be likeable to a non-otaku person.
Anyway, Nodame and Haruhi are different cases. Haruhi is a phenomenon on a small scale (the otaku people), but because of being that, it gets the mainstream attention. Nodame is a even massiver series, but it doesn't get a lot of attention. That doesn't mean that it isn't popular.

Now, with Key. Considering that the PS2 version of Tomoyo After is quite long, I don't think that an OVA would be enough. A 12 episode series would be better, and maybe even with that, it would be too fast. I really want KyoAni to do Tomoyo After, but not now. They shouldn't bring Key works one after another ^^'
As for Planetarian, an OVA or Movie would be OK, indeed. I hope KyoAni could make it someday.

And about buckets...is it just me, or After Story looks like it had a smaller bucket than the first season? Maybe it has to to with KyoAni doing Munto at the same time...