View Single Post
Old 2008-08-17, 21:13   Link #90
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
As with any large governing body, the UN could also use some leaders that are more realistic in decision/policy-making and aren't easily corrupted by power and outside influence...

When I first learned about the "Food for Oil" scandal involving some members of the UN and Saddam Hussein, it kind of made me reevaluate the legitimacy behind some of the UN's actions...Obviously it's not representative of the UN in general, and not everything they do is that scandalous, though it was still significant in that billions of dollars were exchanged since the programme's incursion of 1995 and that it didn't really reach public light until 2003...Kofi Annan claimed that he wasn't aware of what his son was delving into, but I still don't believe that...And even if Kofi was truly unaware, then what of those that were aware? Why was it allowed to continue as it did?

Responsibility goes a long way when it comes to reputation and influence...
I'm sure the UN is used as a tool for opportunist; activities we mere mortals do not approve of. All governing bodies are tools for the elites. All we can do is minimize it because human greed is a reality. If we can remove human greed then we can fix this problem.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote