View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 17:24   Link #39
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
Yeah, I shoulda gave Homura more credit but I had a little bias towards her because of stuff that happened in the episode. I'm probably still trying to get used to her because she's been cold and distant. Since Mami is older I thought she was a magical girl for way longer then Homura. Guess I was way off.

Charlotte was attacking Homura non-stop and it could stretch like crazy. Mami would of had a hard time dodging all the time while fitting in the chance to attack back. On the other hand, Homura didn't even equip her shield for that fight...
I'll bet that Mami could have tied it up, though. In any event, the Puella Magi/Charlotte fight is an example of matchups more than raw power. Mami couldn't hit the witch because she needs time and space to set up enough weapons to do appreciable damage, and Charlotte's powerset was well-suited to denying her those two things. Homura's powers have a greater emphasis on movement, and her ability to drop bombs inside Charlotte allowed Homura a means to bypass much of her opponent's damage resistance.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote