View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 13:26   Link #229
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Just like she made all her previous conscious decisions, like spreading her legs, betraying her *friends*, becoming some low level grunt in shady organization and all of that for a Messiah who she supposedly love.
Just like? Does that mean you think she made a conscious decision to kill her grandfather? Why so?

In any case all of those are besides the point. After all you did say that Arisa shooting her grandfather "tells you all about what a human being she is".

Besides you already know my position on her "spreading her legs" and "betraying her friends", so I don't think there's any need for me to bring those up again, especially when they happened last episode and this thread is supposed to be about this episode.

The only thing I can really blame Arisa for is aligning herself to an organisation of mass murderers all because Gai is their leader and frankly I don't understand why. Her blind love of Gai to the point that she'd be willing to work with people she knows are mass murderers, strikes me as so exaggerated it's OOC. So all the attempts the writers have come up with to make Arisa look as horrible as possible strike me as contrived and forced which is why I can't really find it in myself to hate her. (After all, you can't really hate a character when all the attempts to make you hate the character fall flat. The devices used simply doesn't have the desired effect).

But obviously that's not the case for everyone. Considering the amount of hate you have towards Arisa, I'm guessing you think her actions have been very convincing and not a result of bad wriitng. Does that mean you think her blind love of Gai is believable and not sudden?