View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 23:37   Link #597
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Aladdin has always been the supporter of his king.
I didn't say he wasn't active, I said he doesn't LEAD.

He knows the nature of his being.
That's always been the case in the manga, he is not a king.

He may help in changing of Magnoshutatt, but ultimately it will be up to the magicians themselves to do the work. As I have repeatedly been saying, he's not a babysitter of the mortals, nor is he there to spoil them. Again, he is not the messiah.
He did to some extent "babysit" the rioting Balbadd citizens, calming them down when the situation is spiralling out of control.

He also "babysited" Dunya and Elsnan. All of which he did with Solomon's wisdom. If he didn't cared about understanding and, to some extent, "healing the hearts" of his foes, he would never have did what he did for Dunya and lsnan, especially lsnan who stated Aladdin can just "will him away to save Alibaba", or Dunya, who already lost to them by that time.

Thing is that I believe Aladdin does have a certain desired outcome that he himself wants (which is to prevent a Alma Toran re-run). As Magi, he chooses a king that most fits his idea of a person who can achieve that outcome. Then he supports that Candidate. However, in this situation, he is away from his candidate (Alibaba), and in the Kouga scenario (where he is again seperated from Alibaba) he did take a more active role in achieving a desired outcome. I believe he will take an more active role if Alibaba does not become involve in this arc.

The thing is that I think I should state my position clearly.

1) I am not fundamentally opposed to hurting Moganett, though I believe it will be better if it also address his world view. I think would make it a more interesting character arc like that of Scar or Kassim.

2) Aladdin does not have to be the one that redeems ol' Dumbledore, even though he probably have the tools for it. Anyone can be that person, even Marga, depending on how things are written

3) I do not think Aladdin can "solve" all of the problems in Magostautt. However, like in Balbadd and Kouga, he probably will be quite vital in planting the seed that acts as a basis for "mortals" to solve their own problems.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-11-14 at 23:47. Reason: Better flow of points
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote