Thread: Licensed Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-13, 23:12   Link #138
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Well you also got to remember the other preview (Which was the first of the two) that depicted the girl's side of the story, which was both light hearted and fun.
As you know, I...

1) Much preferred the "guy's side" PV.
2) Was shocked at how different the two PVs were, and wondered just how these two wildly different PVs could possibly be for the same anime.

My eventual expectation and hope was that the "girl's side" PV was simply designed to showcase the anime's female characters and the basic setting for the show, while the "guy's side" PV was designed to showcase the anime's male characters and the intense action of the show. However, perhaps I was slightly off there.

Quote:
As to what purpose they're trying to play at so far, I have no idea.

The first episode had a few moments where these elements didn't particularly mesh that well at all. Second episode flowed a lot better.
It flowed better, yes, but when you come in expecting intense Ga-Rei Zero level action, and you get pretty standard action-oriented fare... well, for a Ga-Rei Zero fan like myself, that's obviously going to be a bit disappointing.

Still, I think the anime is pretty good, and it might end up being very good.

Quote:
I think the most interesting thing this show has going for it at the moment are the whole story with the village and how they seem to have a twisted history.
That's probably true, yeah.