Thread: Angel Heart
View Single Post
Old 2007-08-24, 03:41   Link #50
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess it really is because I'm missing the background story (City Hunter). Eveytime Kaori appear I felt like she's using Shang Yin's body to fullfill her own wish. She's almost annoying to me, and the Kyo/Shang Yin relationship is weird too.
Is that Ryo/Shang Yin? What way do you find it weird?

In regards to Kaori, I feel that Angel Heart explored a lot more about Kaori's past then CH did. I could be wrong as it has been ages since I last watch CH, I actually should get my DVDs out and dust them down. CH spans 3 series and bleep knows how many movies/oavs. Off the top of my head I would say about 7 or so....

I guess I really think of Shang Yin as Kaori's and Ryo's daughter, she defiantly gets Kaori's hammer powers, and the fact she can actually use a gun makes her a very scary force to be reckoned with.

If you did like Ryo and you want to watch a series that doesn't have Shang Yin in it, then maybe CH deserves your attention? It has 100% more mokori power. Strangely I found the downplay of mokori kinda fitting for Angel Heart, it in my mind showed how much Kaori's death affected him. I am ofc doing the criminal thing of patching the two universes here, hee hee....

And finally I just realised I've been terming Shang Yin as Angel Heart, that should have been Glass Heart *headbuts desk*