View Single Post
Old 2009-09-02, 16:46   Link #2035
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yeah, and how that isn't magic? How do you explain people being controlled by supernatural entities from an anti-fantasy perspective?
From an anti-fantasy perspective you can't say that, you need to imagine they did all those things by their own will, but those behaviors are completely at odd with rationality.
Not necessarily.
Let's say that a nearly infinite number of kakera exist, each with a different possibility. If the witches have some leeway to choose which kakera the games take place in, then they can "control" certain actions as long as those actions could possibly be logically consistent. Though the characters' behaviors might not seem consistent at a glance, there could be hidden factors and missing scenes that explain most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for episode5:
Well, I don't think it's quite that simple. Again, remember what Ronove said at the beginning about this game "having no love".
Put that together with my meta world theory. There's a chance that Ronove was referring to the large number of "falsehoods" in EP5. That means there's likely to be several scenes that are simply not true (probably every scene where pieces talk to the Meta World). However, I'm pretty sure that a huge part of the game is at least close to the truth, or Ryuukishi wouldn't have made a core arc out of it.

Here's a bit of my crazy theory to try and explain Erika's actions in EP5. Again, just a theory. (Sorry it's a bit rushed, busy with translation stuff)

Spoiler for Erika is the 'culprit' theory:

Spoiler for how to beat the red:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote