Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 07:20   Link #827
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I certainly get the point that Tari Tari does not seem all that ambitious when compared to what came before it in the anime world.

But even so, I think that Tari Tari is genuinely exceptional (even within its own genre) due to how incredibly well-balanced it is. I don't know if I've ever seen an anime show do a better job of balancing relaxing lighthearted moments with heartfelt drama. Tari Tari never feels too light and fluffy to me, but nor does it ever feel too heavy and melodramatic to me.

Now, as others have mentioned, the one last issue for Tari Tari to address that would truly put it over the top for me, would be it dealing more seriously with its male characters in the 2nd half of the show. If Taichi and Wien are both well fleshed-out and given something approaching actual character arcs, then I could see Tari Tari setting a new standard for how to perfectly balance a high school slice of life/drama show that has a mixed gender main cast.

Konatsu and Wakana have both been handled superbly well thus far. So I'm hoping that Sawa, Taichi, and Wien will be handled similarly well the rest of the way.