View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 18:18   Link #1089
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
I actually think the end of Cell Saga would've be the perfect place to cap off the series with Goku passing the mantle on to Gohan and all, but I just don't wanna go through the whole rigmarole that led up to that point. I mean, aside from Gohan's awesome transformation (not just in power, but in character as well), there really wasn't much that I liked about that arc.

Cell is no Frieza or Vegeta in terms of antagonistic presence. Vegeta's character was completely neutered, going from killer badass to grumpy, second-rate tag along. There's no sense of that grand interplanetary adventure found on Namek, or the campy "invaders from space" fun from the Vegeta Saga. I also didn't like Trunks or any of the Androids. I think it was from this point that the series began to feel derivative, as if it were dragging along just to milk the franchise.

Maybe Kai could do a better job with it, but as it stands, I don't think I'd be in for round 2, even despite Gohan's awesomeness.
I'll have to kindly disagree with your statement about Cell in terms of antagonists. In my opinion, Cell was a refreshing take on the "villain" because he demonstrated more fear than any other antagonist in this series, but I'll elaborate on that later. Granted, Frieza and Vegeta were both great as antagonists and I very much enjoyed their cockiness and arrogance in their respective roles but I'm glad Cell was just as cocky and just as arrogant and not only that, but he brought wit and sarcasm along for the ride. I'm only referring to his Perfect Cell form though, I wasn't fond of his prior transformations.

Cell's fear showed us how much he didn't care to throw his pride away just to survive. Now I'm not saying that Cell wasn't prideful but he wasn't ashamed of throwing that away if it meant living. This was something different, at least for me, plus the wit and sarcasm sealed the deal

But I do agree that the journey to Gohan's SS2 transformation was rather lackluster but if they were to keep going, I wouldn't mind watching it, if only for Cell and Gohan.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-10-17 at 00:24.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote