View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 17:44   Link #29873
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
I wouldn't put it off just yet, Kealym.

There's still the possibility that Eva and Rosa never found the gold to begin with. It's sort of the same concept as when Battler was given the letter in EP5(?) in that it might've been shown to us to have happened but, after looking at facts, it probably didn't.

The key thing here is that it was never mentioned afterwards (if I recall). Eva and Rosa's secrecy on the matter was probably nothing more than an explanation since, if you consider their characters, they would most definitely tell the others of their find. The only time it was mentioned is when Eva passes on the Beatrice name to Ange but that's more of a referrence to the magical scene rather than it hinting to her finding the gold.

I assume that it was the same situation in EP2 where all the adults had seen Beatrice thus knowing of her existence, being shown the gold, etc.. So, of course, Eva never really found the gold.
Well, I acknowledge the possibility that Eva didn't find the gold in EP3.

I was mostly saying that the writer of a forgery is probably allowed to take some liberties for the sake of entertainment. Rosa and Maria not being staked was an interesting change of pace, hints to a change in MO, AND allows Kyrolf to actually do something cool (in addition to showing how much of a threat Evatrice was by having her replace the fallen Stakes with the super-special-awesome Siestas). Narratively, it's not a bad move at all, so I have a hard time jumping from "Rosa and Maria weren't staked" to "Kyrie, Rudolf, Natsuhi, and Krauss made a MURDER PACT even though they suspected the servants were faking".

Also, I wouldn't quite compare it to the EP5 letter incident ... I mean, assuming the adults discussion of the epitaph happened at all, they were basically just shy of having the answer. I can believe that any of them (except Natsuhi or Krauss, who can be sort of dense) made the final push after such substantial help from the others. I can ALSO believe that Eva may have felt insecure in her claim to the headship, since it could potentially be her word against Rosa's on finding it first. but that's besides the point. I wouldn't compare the two because Eva's witchiness was a HUGE overarching theme in Banquet, whereas the letter (as you say) is never even mentioned again, so I'd assume "Eva found her some gold" has a little more substance to it.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote